Thursday 12 January 2012

Toughbook for a tough challenge!

Things seem to be moving forward very well in 2012! Following a telephone conversation today, I'm please to announce that Panasonic have very kindly agreed to loan me a Toughbook laptop, a water, freeze, shock and dust proof FT3 digital camera, and a professional quality video camera for the duration of the expedition. These will allow me to capture life as it happens on the rock, and once I have satcoms sorted, I'll also be able to blog and Tweet live from Rockall!

Toughbook doesn’t just lead the ruggedized computing market, it defined it. Since the first model launched more than a decade ago, Toughbooks have created their own niche in the world of mobile technology, redefining the possibilities of access to data and applications in the most challenging of environments.

Still the main outstanding issue is that of funding for final bits and bobs, but mostly for the boat charter. I'm so close to finally getting this project off the ground; I now need some hard cash!

No comments:

Post a Comment