Tuesday 22 May 2012

One week and counting...

The count down begins today! Hopefully this time next week I'll be on Harris making final kit checks and loading gear onto Atlantic Marine Services'  boat Orca III in preparation for a departure from Leverburgh the next day. Its all still very much weather dependant (the one thing I can't control) but hopefully this week of good weather we're having will allow the seas to settle, and then next week will be reasonable enough for us to head out to Rockall.

Over the past week or so final bits of equipment have been arriving, including a brilliant dry suit from Safequip who have only become involved in the last month, but have been more than genereous with their help, advice and more importantly supplies of gear. This has finally allowed me to try on all my 'assault' equipment at once to check that it is all compatable and that I can use and reach everything that I may need during the landing attempt.

I'm now at the point where I'm having a massive kit explosion all over the living room at home, which is annoying my wife but the dog seems to like it! Having packed once, I'm sure I'll be repacking several times over the next few days in order to double check that my kit is in the the correct bags and in the right order that I'm going to need it.

During the expedition, I will be Tweeting regularly, thanks to RP Alba Ltd, which will feed through to this Blog, the Facebook page and the expedition website, where you will also be able to click through to a chart showing the current position of Orca III.

There's also still time to sponsor me for this trip in support of Help for Heroes if you have some spare cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment