Thursday 21 March 2013

Moving forward

A major step forward has occurred since the last blog post: I now have all the transportation confirmed for the expedition. This includes Orca 3, operated by Kilda Cruises, which will take me from the Isle of Harris (Outer Hebrides) to Rockall; the previously agreed ferries, operated by CalMac, which will take me from Skye to Harris; and now Northgate Vehicle Hire have kindly agreed to supply a van for the use of the expedition, not only to get from HQ (home) to the point of departure (Leverburgh) and back at the end of the expedition, but also to transport the RockPod to FoamSpray to get it insulated in a couple of weeks. As you can imagine, this is a major cost saving for the expedition.
 
In addition, Northgate have offered to have the van branded with the 'Rockall Solo' and 'Help for Heroes' logos which will ensure maximum exposure for the expedition and the charity whilst on the road during the initial phases of the expedition, and which will also be picked up in any photo and filming opportunities.
 
An important piece of kit also arrived last week in the form of a Toughbook laptop from Panasonic. This will no only enable me to blog and tweet from Rockall (@RockallNick) but will also allow me to take some e-books and to save the data I collect whilst I'm out there.
 
I am also now in more advanced discussions with a TV production company who have been commissioned to film a piece for a well known TV programme. Its still early days, so watch this space for official confirmation and the 'big reveal' of what programme and when it will be aired, but there's a good chance I'll now be taking a camera with me on the rock to film a diary whilst I am there!
 
Also, just a quick reminder that you can sponsor me in aid of Help for Heroes at: www.JustGiving.com/RockallSolo . Spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment